Match Report – Hallions v Saxton Rovers 14th May 2022



After an unbelievable season, the Hallions travelled to Kidlington hoping for further success in the Presidents Cup and to remain unbeaten.

The opposition was provided by Saxton Rovers who have been flying high in the first division and predicted a repeat of their semi final result.

With a near full strength squad, the Hallions were in a determined mood to show the good-sized crowd their footballing credentials.

The game kicked off in Mediterranean conditions and amazingly Hallions Liam Godin received a caution within 60 seconds as the official set his stall out.

However, in the 4th minute great persistence by Ryan Brooks, Liam Godin and Dan Bone saw Jamie Mundy roar through the Saxton Rovers rear-guard to give the Hallions the lead with quality strike. Which flew past keeper Ros Coles.

Saxton Rovers quickly went in search of the equaliser, but following a massive goalmouth scramble, the cool Dan Bone cleared any danger.

In the 10th minute the Hallions were reduced to 10 men as the sin bin was brought into operation for Ryan Brooks. In the 15th minute a powerful Dan Bone header was gathered at full stretch by Coles at his near post.

As the half progressed, as did the cautions. Although not in complete control, the Hallions seemed well capable of absorbing Saxton Rovers tactics.

Rovers’ keeper Coles was called into action to foil both Ryan Brooks and Dan Bone as the Hallions looked to increase their advantage.


HT 0-1


The second half started and with the pencil resharpened the cautions continued, with Hallions keeper Reece Green apparently guilty of time wasting after a mere 120 seconds on the clock.

In the 50th Liam Godin came to the Hallions rescue as he cleared off the goal line from a Patrick Mannix glancing effort.

Then in the 53rd somehow Saxton Rovers were gifted a penalty for handball, although it was somewhat dubious, however up stepped striker Michael Smith and his effort was brilliantly saved by Super Reece Green

In the 65th minute Ryan Brooks outpaced the Saxton defence, but Harry Winn rather fortuitously got away with a rather poor challenge to clear the danger.

Hallions replied with Ryan Brooks testing Coles following neat play by Dan Bone.

With time running out the Hallions well marshalled by Wayne Blossom and Stu Bridges together with rest of this hard-working team restricted Saxton Rovers to a couple of long-range efforts from Kyle Allsworth and Joel Akrill which Reece Green comfortably dealt with with minimal concern.

Final whistle sounded with the Hallions worthy Cup Winners


FT  0-1

After the final the Hallions duly collected the Premier Division Trophy & Presidents Cup before returning to home soil [KEA Club] to celebrate this massive achievement.


Officials: Reggie Isaac. Keith Godfrey [Asst]. Mark Tracey [Asst]

Saxton Rovers Team: Ross Coles. Harry Winn. James Robins. Kyle Allsworth.Joe Pratley. Steffen

Thomas. Patrick Mannix. Harry Stanley. Matthew Lloyd. Joel Akrill. Michael Smith.

Subs Played: Jamie Davies. Jack Smith. Cayce Thornhill. Zach Weller. Bradley Miles-McKay.


Hallions Team: Reece Green. Wayne Blossom. Tai Thomas. Chris Schooling. Stu Bridges [Capt.].

Jamie Mundy. Dan Fraser. Liam Godin. Ryan Brooks. Piers McGlynn. Dan Bone.

Subs Played: Dan Snith.Lewis Bland.

Subs Unused: Ronnie Donaldson. Matt Jenkins

Scorer: Jamie Mundy

MOM: Reece Green



Share Now

Related Post